My daughter is sick with a fever since monday.

Patient

Q: My daughter has had a fever since monday along with a cough and runny nose. Her fever has come down but now I notice that her abdomen area is very warm. Is it normal to have fevers in different parts of your body?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. A fever is a generalized increased in core body temperature and the increased warmth can be felt in the forehead, armpits, back, abdomen and even legs. What is important is that you monitor your child's temperature. If they begin to develop a fever about 100°F, please take them to the doctor to be seen immediately. You can also treat the fever with over the counter children's strength acetaminophen. When taken as directed, it can effectively lower your child's fever.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com