My daughter us 8 month old and on breast feed From

Patient

Q: My daughter us 8 month old and on breast feed.
From her birth i didn't got periods.. We had unprotected sex and tool ipill on 15 may.. There was a slight abdominal pain. On again 17night we had unprotected sex. My ques is can i take ipill again? Is is safe for my daughter or is there any chances of getting preg?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Breast feeding prevents ovulation from occurring and thus prevents periods. This is to allow a spacing between the pregnancies and prevent them from causing problems to the mother.

Understand that this is normal and that you need not worry. Do see a Doctor if you develop a new symptom or if your child gets sick. It is safe to take the I pill if you are not breast feeding at the moment.

Hope this helps you. All the best.