Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughter us 8 month old and on breast feed From

My daughter us 8 month old and on breast feed From

Patient: My daughter us 8 month old and on breast feed.From her birth i didn’t got periods.. We had unprotected sex and tool ipill on 15 may.. There was a slight abdominal pain. On again 17night we had unprotected sex. My ques is can i take ipill again? Is is safe for my daughter or is there any chances of getting preg?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Breast feeding prevents ovulation from occurring and thus prevents periods. This is to a llow a spacing between the pregnancies and prevent them from causing problems to the mother.Understand that this is normal and that you need not worry. Do see a Doctor if you develop a new symptom or if your child gets sick. It is safe to take the I pill if you are not breast feeding at the moment.Hope this helps you. All the best.