My daughter was diagnosed with pharyngitis but has gotten wo

Patient

Q: My daughter was diagnosed with pharyngitis but has gotten worse. She now has blisters on her tongue and is in constant pain. Groaning and crying in her sleep and has no appetite.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood that your daughter was diagnosed to have pharyngitis. I am sure that she is under the right treatment.
The appearance of blisters on the tongue are usually due to formation of small ulcers called aphthous ulcers and the treatment is necessarily symptomatic in the form of pain killers, local application of anesthetic jelly and taking plenty of water orally.
Since the baby is small it will be difficult to bear the pain this condition gives.

Do this and she will be fine. Sometimes I do give oral steroids to have fast and strong anti-inflammatory action.

Hope this helps you.