My daughters father is in the hospital with bacterial mening

Patient: My daughters father is in the hospital with bacterial meningitis, i am very concerned and hoping she does not get it. She was with him Friday-sunday. He’s been sick since Tuesday. Should I take her in to her doctors? Will they be able to see any infection? She is 6 yrs old.Thank you for your time!

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Bacterial Meningitis is communicable. And the main issu e is that your kid is just 6 years old. Children and old aged persons are more prone to catch the infection.In such scenario, you should discuss the issue with your doctor, he may give her prophylactic antibiotics for the same.Also keep a watch, if she gets any headache, fever, irritability you should take her to the doctors immediately.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy