Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughters knee has been hurting a lot recently for

My daughters knee has been hurting a lot recently for

Patient: My daughters knee has been hurting a lot recently for the past 1-1 1/2 year now. She is 12 years old and a dancer but we don’t know if it’s because of her dancing. Every time we go to the doctor we forget to ask. Do u think u know what is wrong.

Symptoms: Knee hurting

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Your daug hter might have been suffering from osgood shlatter disease . This is a type of osteochondritis which usually comment in her age and specially athletes and dancers . No need to worry a lot. just stay away from dancing for few days ,take rest and analgesics such as ibuprofen will be of help.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care