Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My daughter’s sinuses has been draining for about 4 days

My daughter’s sinuses has been draining for about 4 days

Patient: My daughter’s sinuses has been draining for about 4 days now she says her ear hurts what should I do.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query about your daughter draining sinuses for 4 days, now that her ear hurts.I would like fi rst to examine her to do a clinical evaluation and actual ENT examination so that the cause and the effects can be seen for accurate diagnosis and planning a proper treatment.With the history you have given, I would like to start her on appropriate antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and decongestant medicines.Nasal drops followed by steam inhalations.Bed restAvoid sudden change of atmosphere.I hope within a few days the improvement will start. and I shall continue the treatment till she is cured.