My Doctor is ignoring my concerns about Diabetes

Q: I am 29 years old female with a family history of Diabetes. My father has type 2 as well as his 2 sisters and one brother. My neice has type 1 diabetes.Recently I went to see my doctor and he took a fasting glucose reading that came up to 7.9. He sent me for a second one that came up to 7.1.
He advised me to monitor myself with a blood glucose monitor. My blood sugar often goes up to 14.5 after 2 hours of eating. Recently my blood sugar went as high as 16.3 My Doctor has told me not to worry about it and to lose weight however I feel it is a problem if my blood sugar readings are often high. I must fast for at least 12-15 hours to get a blodo glucose reading of 6.1. My question is, should i seek a second opinion or is my doctor right that theres nothing we can do about it except for me to lose weight and i will be fine?