My doctor never seen this before

Q: My delivery doctor never told me what caused it but I want to know if this has happened to any one else here... I had to get a cesarian because my daughters first half of her umbilical cord was being held At an angle by a thin sheet of placenta which was attached to that part of the umbilical cord... Is there a name for that?? Can it cause problems later I'm life? Will it happen again if I get pregnant again?

When I was getting the ultrasounds when still pregnant in Boston they thought it was an amnionic band but they said it was rare that there would only be one... Come to find out it's that what I explained above... Someone please find an answer to my question!!

Thank you.. A curious mother:))