My doctor prescribed me 1000mg azithromax for 3 days to

Patient : My doctor prescribed me 1000mg azithromax for 3 days to clear up chlamydia. My girlfriend only had to take 1g once. I Did my doc accidentally give me too much? I am 6'2 and 215lbs if that is a factor.
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. The dose of any medication depends on what it is used for. I think that you are being gi ven a higher dose because you have a different condition. Both doses are correct to some extent. Usually, Azithromycin is given at a dose of 500 mg daily for 3 days. If you develop any rash, please see a Doctor. All the best!