My doctor switched my birth control because I was spotting.

Patient

Q: My doctor switched my birth control because I was spoting so is it normal while switching birth control to miss your first period on the new birth control

Doctor

When one takes a birth control pack of 21 pills without a break free days of 7 days, then the periods will not occur, on stopping the pills, one may get cycles called withdrawal bleeding. In case you have done the above taking it continuously, the missing of the cycles is justified. If not, some birth control may produce sudden changes in hormones which can commonly cause a delay or missed period. In all ways, do a pregnancy test in case your sexually active to rule out a pregnancy.

Hope this helped.