My ear and throat is hurting is that a sign

Patient : My ear and throat is hurting is that a sign of an ear infection
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific. When throat and ear are hurting simultaneously the probable c auses are : -Infection of the ear and the throat, both. -In some cases, the infection in the throat like acute tonsillitis can be referred to the corresponding ear. For this the most important part is to have an examination of the ENT t ascertain the causes at both the areas and to plan a treatment accordingly. The treatment remains almost same except adding decongestant drops in ear infection. I hope this answer helps you.