Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My ear and throat is hurting is that a sign

My ear and throat is hurting is that a sign

Patient: My ear and throat is hurting is that a sign of an ear infection

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific.When throat and ear are hurting simultaneously the probable c auses are :-Infection of the ear and the throat, both.-In some cases, the infection in the throat like acute tonsillitis can be referred to the corresponding ear.For this the most important part is to have an examination of the ENT t ascertain the causes at both the areas and to plan a treatment accordingly.The treatment remains almost same except adding decongestant drops in ear infection.I hope this answer helps you.