Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My ears keep popping and when I cough I feel

My ears keep popping and when I cough I feel

Patient: My ears keep popping and when I cough I feel like there is something stuck in my throat. I can move my throat side to side and hurts if I swallow.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your problem of popping of the ears, something stuck in the throat o n coughing and pain on swallowing.The reasons for these symptoms are due to the following reasons:Once you get an upper respiratory tract infection, the system of control of the normal function too gets dysfunctional.- The ears can pop due to dysfunction of the Eustachian tubes.- The feeling of something stuck in the throat is either due to the thick adherent phlegm or actual swelling of the pharyngeal wall.- Painful swallowing is due to the granules that develop.I would advise you the following:Consult a Doctor, preferably an ENT surgeon for clinical evaluation, physical examination, ENT endoscopy, investigations and proper treatment. You will get all the symptoms corrected.I hope this answer helps you.In the meantime, you can start using decongestant nasal drops, followed by steam inhalations, Anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen and oral decongestant medicines. This will help a lot.