Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My epiglottis is sticking out of my throat and I’m

My epiglottis is sticking out of my throat and I’m

Patient: My epiglottis is sticking out of my throat and I’m having trouble breathing I went to the doctor they said it’s just my allergies but I know it’s not and I have a lump on my neck.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, allergies mostly cause this lum py feeling in the throat. But a bacterial infection also needs to be ruled out. If it does not resolve on taking levocetirizine, then an antibiotic course will be required. So, I will recommend you visit your physician and get a prescription for Augmentin 625 mg twice daily for 5-7 days, depending on the severity.Hope this was helpful,Regards