Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My face is darker then my body tone and has

My face is darker then my body tone and has

Patient: My face is darker then my body tone and has been like that for 3 years

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The face being darker than the body may be due to constant exposure of the face to the sun rays and hence the skin getting tanned.Since it has been the same for 3 years, it might be difficult to go in for a tan removal which can give you 99 percent results. However, you may consult a cosmetologist for an examination and try de tanning techniques and bleach suitable for your skin tone. Avoid direct exposure of the face to sun rays and always use a sunscreen with a high SPF when you set out under the sun.Hope this helped.Regards