Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My fasting blood sugar is 214

My fasting blood sugar is 214

Patient: My fasting blood sugar is 214 and post prandial is 257.Currently no medicine being taken. What medicine to take

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.Your blood sugar levels are extremely high.You need to be started on Treatment.Metformin alone is not going to control your blood sugars.You would require a combination of Metformin and Glimepiride for the purpose.You should not play with these drugs as this can be harmful.See your doctor, get an evaluation done and you would require to get dose adjustments based on blood sugar levels.I would advise you to get following investigations done:1. HbA1c2. Fasting lipid profile3. Serum creatinine4. Urine for microalbumin.5. ECG.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy