My father had a series of strokes and is bleeding

Patient

Q: My father had a series of strokes and is bleeding on both sides of the brain. He is somewhat aware but cant talk or swallow so the sent him home fot at home hospice. Question - is this the normal course of action to allow him to pass away?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Welcome to askthedoctor.com.

I have read your question with care and understand that your father had a series of strokes and is bleeding on both sides of the brain. He is somewhat aware but cant talk or swallow so they sent him home for at home hospice.

I am sorry for the episodes.

Strokes and Bleeding in Brain will result in damage of Nerves in the Brain.
Few Patients will require surgery to remove the blood clots and few days in ICU and few more days in Ward and then hospice care.
But most others will require only hospice care.

What is being followed is normal course of action.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care.