My father in law suffering from hypertension since 10 years

Q: My father in law suffering from hypertension since 10 years he was taking amlodipine 5 mg and ecospirin 75 mg since last 5 - 7 years. his blood pressure used to be 140 / 90 by medicine.He had undergone surgery for Right renal calculi and left renal cyst. he had not taken medicine since last a month and his Blood pressure is 140/ 90 130 / 90. His ECG and Echocardiogram report is normal so what can be done should he start the medicine or not.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Very good question. Read and understood your history that your father in law was suffering from hypertension for which he was taking medicines.
Now that he is off the medicines for such a long time without any problem, normal BP, ECG and all, just have a regular charting of the blood pressure and see if this continues to be normal or no.

Certainly if it rises, consult the Cardiologist.