My father in law suffering from hypertension since 10 years

Patient : My father in law suffering from hypertension since 10 years he was taking amlodipine 5 mg and ecospirin 75 mg since last 5 - 7 years. his blood pressure used to be 140 / 90 by medicine.He had undergone surgery for Right renal calculi and left renal cyst. he had not taken medicine since last a month and his Blood pressure is 140/ 90 130 / 90. His ECG and Echocardiogram report is normal so what can be done should he start the medicine or not.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Very good question. Read and understood your history that your father in law was sufferin g from hypertension for which he was taking medicines. Now that he is off the medicines for such a long time without any problem, normal BP, ECG and all, just have a regular charting of the blood pressure and see if this continues to be normal or no. Certainly if it rises, consult the Cardiologist.