My father went through an ORIF surgery recently after almost

Patient : My father went through an ORIF surgery recently after almost two years, on same arm. And the surgeon left a hole, may be 1 inch, to let the infected blood flow out. When the stitches were removed, blood gushed out heavily. Now little bleeding is still there. And the wound hasn't heeled yet. Is It normal thin blood coming out of stiches? Doctor said it's normal. Is there anything we should be worried about? Waiting for your response. Thanks
Symptoms:  Little leakage of thin blood