My fiancé got a really bad sun burn this past

Patient : My fiancé got a really bad sun burn this past Saturday and has been very achey and ill these past 4 days. He had a low grade fever on Monday of 100.3. We put him in a cool bath and the fever went away. He hasn't had one since but is still very achey and not feeling well. He's been progressing every day, but it's still not going away. He's been drinking loads of water, has had a few gatorades, and yet still feels bad. We have heard that heat exhaustion only lasts about 24-48 hours so we're wondering if this is something else. He did drink quite a bit of alcohol the day before, (Friday). Not sure what to do here.
Symptoms:  Achey muscles, general lethargy, a little congestion