My fiance and I had unprotected sex

Q: My fiancé and I had unprotected sex at the end of my period and I took Plan B two days later. My period still has not come and I am terrified to take a pregnancy test. I have read many aced that emergency contraception can lead to a late or missed period. What are your thoughts?

An emergency contraception can lead to delay earlier periods as well as can also alter the flow of the cycles. In your case since you had sex around the end of the cycle, if your past cycles were regular, it corresponds that you were in your safe period or not fertile time of the period reducing the chances of pregnancy. Also, you have taken plan B on time, which further nullifies the chances. There is no need to panic. You can take a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy and it will reduce your stress. There are almost less than 0.5 % chances for you to get pregnant. Stress alone can delay periods.

Hope this helped.