My fiance and I started dating 8 months ago, we've had unprotected sex

Patient

Q: My fiance and I started dating 8 months ago, we've had unprotected sex since then. Supposably she got chlamydia before we started dating, what are their chances I did not get infected?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to ATD.

It is very difficult to say what chance it is that you are not infected. It depends on the number of times you have had intercourse. And the duration of the intercourse.

There is no definitive answer to this. I advise you get checked for Chlamydia and other diseases. It will be easier to get tested then to think about chances.

All the best. Wish you good health.