My fiance has not had A bowl movement in about 2

Patient

Q: My fiance has not had
A bowl movement in about 2 weeks, she had tried everything including suppositories, ask the meds, including pills, and drinks, she seems to have extreme pain and her stomach is continuously bloating to the point that she buys new pants weekly, she is completely miserable. What can you suggest I do to help out? Please help. She had trouble breathing as well.

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

She is probably suffering from Absolute Constipation and a very important concern here is intestinal obstruction. She needs to get evaluated by your doctor. If there are no signs of obstruction as evident by clinical examination and X-ray, then I would advise following for her:
1. To get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause behind the constipation.
2. To take Laxative like Lactulose in night.
3. To increase fiber in diet.
If she has already taken Lactulose and still not passing the stools, then macrogol (polyethylene glycol) sachets help a lot. Last resort is Enema.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy