Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My fiance was prescribed oxycodone/acetaminophen 5-325 MG ta

My fiance was prescribed oxycodone/acetaminophen 5-325 MG ta

Patient: My fiance was prescribed oxycodone/acetaminophen 5-325 MG tab. It says 1 or 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hrs. anyway i can give here a half of one? She is still in alot of pain from her teeth getting pulled.

Symptoms: Toothache, headache

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.This drug can be given one tablet every 6 hourly safely. In case you have given her the medicine already and she is still in pain, you can give her half tablet more and after that you need to give a gap of 6 hours at least.Commonly this drug causes sedation and vomitings. So, make sure she is comfortable while you give that.In case she has persistent pain, you should see your doctor and discuss the issue.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.