My fingers and palm of hands gets itchy to an

Patient

Q: My fingers and palm of hands gets itchy to an extent of scratching until the skin peels off. Also when I carry or hold a luggage or just something with my hands, the palm and fingers get very itchy to an extent of swelling. What could be the problems?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I do not know for sure what you have but I think the best way to help you is to treat the symptoms. Later, see a Doctor to reach a diagnosis.

Start by taking 1 tablet of Levocet for 2 days. This should stop the itching and control it. Along with this, also wear cotton gloves. These gloves will prevent you from itching.

Sometimes, there is severe itching with liver disease. If this is the case, you can get diagnosed with a Liver function test. Talk to a Doctor. Hope this helps.