My first day of the last menstural period was on

Q: My first day of the last menstural period was on 2nd march.. i then met wd my boyfriend on the 16th of march.. its now 3rd of april and i hvent had ny periods yet...
Could i possibly be pregnant? If yes then how old is my pregnancy? And what can i do to terminate this pregnancy?

Thank you

A:   Hi,

In case of regular 28 to 30 days menstrual cycles, ovulation can occur around 14th day of the cycle.
So, if you had unprotected intercourse around that time, there is possibility of pregnancy.
If you conceived, according to your last menstrual period(March 2nd), your gestational age for today (April 4th) should be 4 weeks and 6 days.
As irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes, better to wait for few more days.
If do not get periods even one week after expected date, please go for urine pregnancy test once.
If the test gives a positive result, before planning for abortion you have to get examined by your doctor and have to undergo an ultrasound.
Ultrasound is needed to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy, to estimate the gestational age and to rule out ectopic pregnancy.
After that according to the gestational age you can choose the method for abortion with your doctors advice.
Medical termination with tablets is possible up to eight weeks of gestation.
Using tablets without ruling out ectopic pregnancy can lead do complications like rupture.

So, please do consult your doctor and proceed according to her advice.
Take care.