Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My friend drink booze well taking metronidazol

My friend drink booze well taking metronidazol

Patient: My friend drink booze well taking metronidazole and is puking terriblely how can I help her?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Oh, this is going to be a very big problem.The reason being, Metronidazole by virtue of its antabuse effect will cause lots of problems. The vomiting may not stop and your friend can go into dehydration and related problems.You have to rush her to the ER, tell the truth, get her admitted and treated accordingly.Do not take any risk at home as matters can turn to worst.I hope this answer helps you to understand the gravity of the situation and rush to ER.