My friend got metal shavings in his eye went to

Patient : My friend got metal shavings in his eye went to er and now he says his eye Burns is there something he can do and when will it stop?
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. Metal object if got inside the eye requires emergency tr eatment by a thorough eye examination seeing if there is any perforation caused by it. You would require to see your doctor for that , he will prescribe local antibiotic eye drops and steroid eye drops. This problem requires serious attention as can even lead to permanent blindness. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy

Related Q&A

Q: My son burned his throat eating hot food out of the microwave. We tried chloeaseptic throat spray and Advil but it do...

Q: Hello, About two weeks ago i woke up with discomfort while urinating. I have been under a lot of stress and thought ...

Q: Hi when I ejaculated early today where the semen comes from the urethra I was bleeding I tiny bit and had a little bu...

Q: Hi there, I ate oatmeal that was pretty hot and burned my mouth, and ate chips after. I looked in my mouth and I have...

Q: I suffered a chemical burn from peppermint oil to my neck on Tuesday. It formed a really dark, almost black scab. I s...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon