My friend got metal shavings in his eye went to

Patient

Q: My friend got metal shavings in his eye went to er and now he says his eye Burns is there something he can do and when will it stop?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

Metal object if got inside the eye requires emergency treatment by a thorough eye examination seeing if there is any perforation caused by it.
You would require to see your doctor for that , he will prescribe local antibiotic eye drops and steroid eye drops.
This problem requires serious attention as can even lead to permanent blindness.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy