My friend has got some rashes on her back for the past few days.

Q: My friend has got some rashes on her back for the past few days. They seem like pimples but are smaller in size. She is complaining about lot of itching on the back, even after showering the itches dont seem to go away.. what might be the cause of it? What would be the treatment for this? please let me know

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, the most likely possibility for the symptoms you mentioned is a condition of skin called Pityriasis folliculitis. It is caused by a fungus Malasezzia furfur.
The precipitating factors for this condition are hot humid climate, excess sweating.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole.
Keep the body tidy and dry.
Avoid sweating.
You can share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy