Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My friend is 22 years old Female Earlier from her

My friend is 22 years old Female Earlier from her

Patient: My friend is 22 years old. Female. Earlier from her teenage when she had a pain, she used to take painkillers quite more. Now also she has pain in right side of ear, but when she take 200 mg and 400 mg painkillers it doesnt last much. Is it because earlier she used to take more? Why is it so? What can be done?Thank you

Doctor: Thank you for choosing Ask The Doctor.I believe that your friend has become resistant to the medication and is not g etting the effects of using the medication anymore. Or the effect is now diminished. This is why your friend needs more and more tablets. There can be several reasons for this and you should see a Doctor to confirm the reason.Hope this helps you.