Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My friend is having severe abdominal pain

My friend is having severe abdominal pain

Patient: My friend is having severe abdominal pain and pain in the uterus.. what could be causing this? Could it be ectopic pregnancy? Please help..

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.In case your friend has a pregnancy test positive and has severe abdominal pain, ectopi c is a possibility. The other causes could be ovarian cyst or torsion, uterine tumors, pelvic infection, renal stones, gastritis and even appendicitis.Kindly consult a Gynecologist for an examination and an ultrasound to find the cause and treat it accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards