Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My gf took 3 home based hcg test after 5,10

My gf took 3 home based hcg test after 5,10

Patient: My gf took 3 home based hcg test after 5,10 & 15 days of missing her period.? Can she still be pregnant? If no what could be the reason and if yes How to detect it? How much reliable is home based test after 15 days of a missed period? She had light bleeding with cramps 4 days after missing periods which lasted for 3-4 days. Is it implantation bleeding or something else? She has no symptoms of pregnancy and during her last cycle she was in lot of stress & tension. Please help me out.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Urine HCG pregnancy tests come positive usually after 10 days of missing the periods, so if the pregnancy test is negative after even 15 days of missing the periods, it is very unlikely that she is pregnant. Bleeding she is getting might not be related to the pregnancy.I suppose you should get an Ultrasound Of Pelvic organs done, this will rule out any evidence of Polycystic Ovarian disease that can cause these symptoms and may also help in ruling out any evidence of pregnancy.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.