Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My girlfreind n I had a sexual intercourse last month

My girlfreind n I had a sexual intercourse last month

Patient: My girlfreind n I had a sexual intercourse last month on 20 th March..N she had an ipill immediately within 24 .hours. Now today is 15 of April n her periods hv still not occurred n from last few days she has been having bad stomach and constipation.. today we r gonna hv a test …cn she be pregnant even after tht ipill…????

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical platform.Chances of getting pregnant after cons umption of I-pill within 24 hours of having unprotected sexual intercourse are minimal. But no contraceptive method gives you 100% guarantee. However, another fact is that one can get irregular periods after consumption of i-pill. So, simply get her urine pregnancy test done at home after 10 days of missing the expected periods. If he test is negative, then her delay in periods is just because of i-pill. She will soon resume her periods, in case she is negative for pregnancy test.Good Luck.Stay Healthy