My girlfriend an I had sex in early Dec 2014. She had an IUD. She claimed to have had a miscarriage. Is it possible?

Patient : My girlfriend an I had sex in early Dec 2014. She has an IUD. She claims to have had a miscarriage on Jan 24 2015. She had no prior signs of pregnancy. Is this possible?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. There is a possibility of IUD to have failed. In such a case, there is chance of pregna ncy which can be possible and hence the chances of the miscarriage .No contraception is possible to be hundred percent effective. Hope this helped. Regards