Ask The Doctor > Pending > My girlfriend and I (both 16) had sex for the

My girlfriend and I (both 16) had sex for the

Patient: My girlfriend and I (both 16) had sex for the second time ever tonight. Unluckily, the condom broke and we only realised after. Not all of the semen went into her vagina, a little was on my bedsheet. I don’t think lots came out as I masturbated last night. As soon as we realised, she went to the bathroom to pee, she carefully used her fingers to remove any more semen from her vagina (she said there was none of her fingers when she removed them) and she used a warm cloth to clean around her vagina. Its too late in the evening to buy/take a morning after pill but we are going to get one first thing tomorrow morning. She finished her period 7 days ago. What else can we do to make sure she doesn’t get pregnant?

Doctor: