My girlfriend and i had sex with a condom

Patient : My girlfriend and i had sex with a condom 9 days ago. This mornig she told me that she had a little blood come out of her vagina. But just once early this morning. Then she experienced period like cramps all day without blood. Should we be worried about pregnancy?
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Condoms are not the 100% sure shot method to control pregnancy. The symptoms that she had had of the bleeding and period like cramps do not suggest the possibility of pregnancy but still it would be wise to look out for a missed period and if she has a missed period then a urine pregnancy test will help in confirming the pregnancy. There is not much you can do at present rather than to wait for her next period. Do meet your Doctor. Hope this helps. Wish you a good health.