Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 11th

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 11th

Patient: My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 11th day of her cycle. She has a 21-23 day cycle. Could she be pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,Yes, in a cycle length of 21-23 days, her ovulation shall occur by mid cycle a nd hence by day 10-day 13, which is when you have had sex. This was her fertile period and hence there are all chances that she ay get pregnant. It is hence suggested that she may opt for an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hrs of intercourse, that shall help prevent unwanted pregnancy.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards