My girlfriend had all the signs of her period but

Patient

Q: My girlfriend had all the signs of her period but only spotted one day the day she usually has her period but no real blood. She has endometriosis and we only had intercourse a few times last month and she is on birth control is there any chance of her being pregnant or is it just endometriosis?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

the fact that your partner has been regularly on birth control pills during last month, then even though after having unprotected sex multiple times during the month, the chances of pregnancy are still minimal as birth control pills prevent ovulation from occurring and also increases the thickness of the cervical mucous which makes it unfavourable for the sperms to penetrate thus adding further protection. So pregnancy is unlikely, however your concern about scanty menses for just a day may again be explained by oc pill usage as they are know to reduce excessive blood flow an in case of normal flow, can further reduce the flow sometimes, which is in a way beneficial for endometriotic control.
Nevertheless, if she happens to feel that she may be pregnant then she may get a serum beta hCG test done to rule it out confirmatively.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,