My girlfriend has staph infection and it's in her blood

Patient

Q: My girlfriend has staph infection and it's in her blood and the doctor said that we can't have sex. I want to know if we can have sex

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to ATD.

It is better to avoid sex. This is because the infection can be spread via the saliva or any of the secretions in the body.

If you have sex and she has the MRSA type of infection, you will get a severe infection which will be tough to treat. I recommend that you be very careful when you are around her. Take precautions to keep healthy.

And avoid sex till she is completely fine. I hope this helps you. All the best.