My girlfriend has strep throat and started antibiotics today

Patient : My girlfriend has strep throat and started antibiotics today ( Friday ) and I will see her in a week ( next Friday ). Will it be okay to kiss her?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It is recommended that you avoid oral contact like kissing and sexual intercourse atl east for 2 weeks, since there are chances of transmission of the bacteria even after a recent antibiotic treatment. Hence, it is recommended not to kiss her for 2 weeks after the antibiotics. Hope this helped. Regards