My girlfriend have a blood spotting after 5 days of

Patient

Q: My girlfriend have a blood spotting after 5 days of we did. What does it mean? And after several hour of the blood spotting we did again, it is safe to have sex to avoid pregnant? And she has a irregular period

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You did not confirm whether you had unprotected intercourse with her.
If you did, the bleeding could be due to implantation bleeding which occurs after 5-7 days of fertilisation.
If you had protected intercourse you should not worry, as the bleeding could be mid-cycle bleeding which women experience during ovulation. It is better to avoid unprotected intercourse as you can never predict when she will be ovulating due to irregular periods.

Hope this was helpful,