Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My girlfriend have been having a right side abdominal pain

My girlfriend have been having a right side abdominal pain

Patient: My girlfriend have been having a right side abdominal pain for a week now although she has her appendix removed a while ago and lower back pain and whenever she eats she throw out what she ate immediatly

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems she is suffering from Stone/stones in ureter or anywh ere in the renal tract. Since her appendix has been removed so, there are no chances of having appendicitis. However, Ileitis is a possibility.Mostly recurrent burning urination, flank pain and vomitings are due to Ureteric Colic only.In most of the cases, ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). So, she should get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. If any stone is found she would be treated based on size, site of stone. Also important here is to get a Fasting Blood Sugar tested to rule out diabetes that can cause UTI.If Urine infection is found she would be given antibiotics based on culture report.For acute pain relief she can be given Drotaverine tablets. You should not ignore this, take her to ER now.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy.