My girlfriend in the past 24 hours had watery pink

Q: My girlfriend in the past 24 hours had watery pink vaginal discharge and she is worried that it may be implantation bleeding. However, the only sexual contact we had was mutual masturbation with a condom. There was no digital penetration as well. Because of the time frame, 2 weeks after our last encounter and just before her period, she believes something may have gotten through. Is she pregnant? If not, what other factors could cause such a discharge? If her period does end up being late, is there any other causes for it to come late? My girlfriend does have a history of hormone imbalance and is not on birth control.

There is no chance of an implantation bleeding if you are sure that there was no direct contact or intercourse followed by ejaculation inside the vagina.

Since she has a history of hormonal imbalance, and is on birth control pills, the pills can be a cause for an abnormal discharge.
Excessive stress, vitamin deficiencies, obesity, sudden weight loss, increased exercise, polycystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, etc can all be a cause for delayed cycles.

It is recommended that she consults a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound to rule out the above causes. A series of hormonal tests may also be needed.

A delay in cycles by a week is normal and need not be evaluated. Ask her to drink plenty of water and reduce her stress.

Hope this was helpful.