Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My Girlfriend is 2weeks pregnant ! Last night she took mifepristone

My Girlfriend is 2weeks pregnant ! Last night she took mifepristone

Patient: My Girlfriend is 2weeks pregnant !Last night she took the first dose of Mifepristone 200mg !Now today after 24hours , how many tablets of Misoprostol should she take at once ?Please answer me asap !

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you are contemplating abortion for unwanted pregnancy, then it should ideally be un dertaken under a physician’s supervision. If she has already taken mifepristone 200mg yesterday, then she should take tab misoprostol 800mg ( 4 tabs of 400mg each at a time) after 36 hrs for bleeding to initiate. It is expected that uterine contractions and bleeding should start. The sudden loss of pain in the abdomen and passage of fleshy sac per vaginum shall indicate completion of abortion, but this has to be confirmed the next day with a transvaginal ultrasound. The bleeding post abortion can last for a week and it is necessary to practice barrier contraception for the next month. Also, it is important that the next pregnancy should not be planned if at all before 3 months at least to allow the uterus to return to its pre-pregnant state. Talk to a Doctor to get these medications.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing her safe health.Regards