My girlfriend is concerned that she may have an arteriovenous

Patient : My girlfriend is concerned that she may have an arteriovenous malformation (AVM). Several years ago, she fainted (not sure of the amount of years, but it's safe to guess around 10, since it was at the end of high school and she just recently turned 23), and got a CAT Scan. The physician said that she had "bulging veins in her brain," but didn't elaborate. She's had migraines nearly her whole life (they run in her mother's side of the family) and just recently had one while at work that caused her to vomit. She did some research online and the AVM was the first thing to come up. She's making an appointment to see a neurologist soon, but I was curious if the physician's comment years ago about the "bulging veins" could have been a different issue, perhaps related to the faint itself? Any information at all would be helpful.