My girlfriend is experiencing sharp pains in her lower back/

Patient : My girlfriend is experiencing sharp pains in her lower back/sides she thinks is her kidneys. Its in and out every 30secs or so. Not fever or blood in urine but is in enough pain she can barely get out of bed. We dont have health insurance or much money, am i over reacting to think we should just go to the hospital? Or is it something we should wait out a bit before throwing ourselves into more financial hardship for something that may just go away
Symptoms:  Sharp pain in side/lower back