Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My girlfriend is experiencing sharp right shoulder pain

My girlfriend is experiencing sharp right shoulder pain

Patient: My girlfriend is experiencing sharp right shoulder pain along with lower back pain. Also feels it in her stomach too.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Pain in the right shoulder, abdomen and the back in a young female can be due to the foll owing reasons:-If considered together, the problem can be in the liver or gall bladder.-If considered separately, she needs clinical evaluation, examination and investigations by a Doctor to decide the clinical diagnosis and henceforth investigations:-Ultrasonography of the abdomen and CT or MRI to confirm.-Investigations of the blood including liver function tests,If the shoulder and back pain are due to referred pain due to the abdominal causes, nothing further needs to be done.Otherwise, investigations like X-ray of the shoulder and back and further tests as per the opinion of an Orthopedic Surgeon may be needed.I hope this answer helps you to get a proper guideline for diagnosis and treatment.