My girlfriend is prescribed ativan and zoloft For anxiety

Patient : My girlfriend is prescribed ativan and zoloft For anxiety and depression. Within the last 2 weeks she will have an anxiety attack (some times hyperventilating) then passes out. It happens on average 10 to 12 times a day. Sometimes I wake her, mostly she just stays asleep for 1 to 25 minutes. The Dr keeps telling us this is normal and to let the ativan work. What do I do? Is this normal? She has been out of work 2 weeks because I don't want her to faint on the hard floor.
Symptoms:  Fainting, hyperventilating (sometimes), anxiety, depression