Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My girlfriend is still in pain after having sex with

My girlfriend is still in pain after having sex with

Patient: My girlfriend is still in pain after having sex with her about two weeks ago. We’re lesbian so I have long finger nail, and I know I probably cut her but the pain would have gone away by now.

Symptoms: Pain while urinating

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually minor cuts can heal in one to two weeks.As your girlfriend is having pain even two weeks after intercourse, better to rule out the possibility of secondary infection or deeper cut.Let her consult your doctor and get examined. By clinical examination the exact cause of the pain can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care.