Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My grandson woke up today from a nap shaking

My grandson woke up today from a nap shaking

Patient: My grandson woke up today from a nap shaking almost as if he was shivering but was very warm. He has been doing it since he was born. Could it be mini seizures?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think your grandson has febrile seizures. Febrile seizures are seizures or attacks sim ilar to water you are describing that occur after an attack of fever. As far as possible, you should always try to get the fever down as far as possible.Here is what you can do:Tepid water spongingCalpol syrup 2ml/kg 2 times a dayIf you cannot get the fever controlled, see a Doctor to reduce the fever by using IV drugs. Also, your grandson may need an EEG to diagnose febrile seizures.Hope this helps you. All the best.