Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My groin been hurting for long time and its hurt when i close my legs.

My groin been hurting for long time and its hurt when i close my legs.

Patient: My groin been hurting for long time and its hurt when I close my legs tight or when I do legs raises do you think I have a Sports hernia or spilled groin?

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It can be mus cular pain due to tendinitis. Its treatment is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. For diagnosis of hernia you need to be examined by general surgeon. It is difficult to say about hernia by this description.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.